Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Girls Birthday Party - Spa Theme

To my surprise my niece decided she wanted a Spa Party theme for her 5th birthday. I found a lot of my inspiration on TomKat Studio (with my own little twists of course). This birthday party was the talk of the school for almost two weeks and my sister and I had to deliver on this amazing event!

The budget was $100 and I was able to find tons of deals and use many items around my house to make this happen. Special thanks to Heidi Benson Smith for the great photos!

Pear Tree Greetings had the perfect birthday invitations and the bright and vibrant colors carried on throughout the party. Thinking of activities to keep five-year-old girls busy can be quite daunting, but we decided to have "stations" throughout the event to keep them occupied (with extra time at the end to goof around and play).






Here are a few things we use at each station.

Station 1: Decorate Flips-Flops
  • Flip Flops from Old Navy
  • Ribbons on clearance at Michael's
  • Apothecary jar to put all of the ribbon in
Station 2: Nail Bar
  • OPI nail polish collected over the years (make sure you have glitter...it is a huge hit)!
  • Displayed nail polish on a cake stand to make it look pretty
  • Plastic containers for the girls to soak their feet in
  • Bath Fizzes & foot scrub
Station 3: Makeup
  • Makeup kit on clearance at WalMart
  • Disposable cotton swabs, cotton pads and eye shadow applicators
  • Baby wipes



Displaying utensils and straws in mason jars add such detail to your table. I had mason jars around the house and found this tutorial how to jazz it them up with glitter! Additionally, we found these stickers at Pear Tree Greeting to put on the regular boring paper cups.


I saw this paper chain backdrop on pinterest and just HAD to make it! It was super easy and fairly inexpensive too.


The table wouldn't be complete without a cute polk-a-dot table cloth. I had a flat white bed sheet from IKEA leftover from my wedding this past September and painted dots on it with acrylic paint (you may want to use fabric paint if you want to wash the table cloth, but I didn't want to buy more paint). I found this tutorial on pinterest for my inspiration!


Finally, you cannot forget about the gift bags! Once again, we found these customizable stickers at Pear Tree Greetings to place on the goodie bags. You can fill them with anything you want, but we filled them with a nail file, toe separators, jelly bracelets, flip flops, head band and of course candy!



Hope this gives you a few ideas for your next spa party!

No comments:

Post a Comment